We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going rate for batteries?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Going rate for batteries?

Hi all,

I'm flying into Kenya later this week, and am a grad student in the unfortunate position of both having a routinely stringent budget and not getting this month's paycheck until the day *after* I depart for Africa. In light of that, there are some supplies I'll have to buy once I'm there rather than bringing from the States. I'm trying to plan my budget, and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the going rate for AA batteries is, in iether Ksh or USD? These can be easily found at a place like the Nakumatt, correct?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Going rate for batteries?

Can't remember how much they were in Nakumatt exactly but recall thinking Duracell was expensive and the local make was rubbish. We usually bring a stock from the UK, even though they weigh quite a bit.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Going rate for batteries?

you can easly get them at nakumatt dont be worried.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
160 reviews
3. Re: Going rate for batteries?

A pack of 4 Duracell is around kshs 280. We live here and use them. They are fine, and do last.

4. Re: Going rate for batteries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 31, 2014