We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florest in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
reviews: 4
Florest in Nairobi

Hi folks,

My girlfriend is working in a school in Nairobi and will be away for Valentines. I want to get some flowers delivered on the day and have found http://www.sendflowers.co.ke/l/

Very quickly, it lists the address as:

12921 GPO, 3rd Floor Chaka Place

Argwings Kodhek Rd

00100 Nairobi, Kenya

Does anyone know if this company is genuine (it looks legit), I am more concerned about her not receiving the flowers on the day than me losing a few quid. Or has anyone got any recommendations where I can order online.

Thank you so much!

Dave

23 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
11. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Thank you Larissa, that's very cool! I didn't know about this hook-up. But it looks like the sender is basically still sending money by Western Union, but to a mobile number rather than a WU office.

Richard Trillo

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
12. Re: Florest in Nairobi

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the forums Richard, the WU - Mpesa link up has been discussed several times since it was launched around 18 months ago ヅ

Mombasa, Kenya
13. Re: Florest in Nairobi

You are welcome Richard :) Exactly, in effect they send money via WU but a recipient in Kenya receives it to their MPESA account! Obviously, it is much better than receiving it through a WU office. First, WU is not everywhere but MPESA agents are; second, MPESA is in a way a mobile bank account! You do not have to take all the money at once and you can pay for a lot by MPESA once you receive it. Safer than money in the pocket!

Friends of ours who have a holiday home are paying salaries for their staff this way from the UK - very convenient!

Larissa

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
14. Re: Florest in Nairobi

All very good, isn't it!

You're right Paul - since my freelance raft came ashore in full-time job land I've been much less attentive… I promise to try harder in future!

Richard

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
15. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Richard,

You probably also missed that the Daily Nation has also moved into the international money transfer market as well.

http://www.nationhela.com/

Reading, United...
16. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Thankyou everyone! They arrived today :)

Mombasa, Kenya
17. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Great! She must have been surprised! Who did you use in the end?

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Reading, United...
18. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Mamamikes in the end, I had a good look at all the suggestions but they had a really nice package that was more her than the others :)

I think I earned some good points. Thanks again!

Dave

Mombasa, Kenya
19. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Dave,

Great to note that you are happy with their service. And certainly you earned quite a few points!

Larissa

Nairobi, Kenya
20. Re: Florest in Nairobi

Talking about Flowers, you better check wwww.narobicityflorists.kbo.co.ke.

They are based in the city's CBD. They will do you an amazing job.Its guaranteed!

Reply to: Florest in Nairobi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted