We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a 1 wk solo trip to Kenya, no idea where to start!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fullerton...
reviews: 2
Planning a 1 wk solo trip to Kenya, no idea where to start!

Hey folks,

I'm looking into doing a trip to Kenya but not quite sure what sorts of things there are to do and where! I understand that a Safari would certainly have to be included but I'm wondering what else I should do for a whole week. I usually spend about 4 days per location and travel around quite a bit once I get overseas (I'm from the US--hard to get away), but I have the rest of my trip planned except for a week and I thought Kenya would be a good place to see. I get kind of bored doing the same things over and over so doing just trekking and safaris would get tiresome for me after a while. I like doing adventure things (Have gone kayaking, white water rafting, caving, etc. but am open to a lot of things), culture, and am not squeemish in the slightest (except for a bit of car sickness on super windy/bumpy roads going fast). I'm a 26 y/o solo female traveler with a around a total of 2 months in SEAsia and Europe travel experience but almost always with others. I've only had 1 solo week before but was CouchSurfing. I can afford around $100USD/day but would much prefer to spend less...

What are your suggestions? Any experiences/travel blogs I should check out?

Thanks so much!

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 34
11. Re: Planning a 1 wk solo trip to Kenya, no idea where to start!

But to be honest Tsavo is not the best place to go for a first safari. If I were you I would start a savings account called "Kenya" and wait until you have a bit more to spend.

nairobi
reviews: 1
12. Re: Planning a 1 wk solo trip to Kenya, no idea where to start!

i agree with newgranny...a first safari where you will experience great adventure in Kenya is in Masai Mara then you can head to the coast (bush and beach)

13. Re: Planning a 1 wk solo trip to Kenya, no idea where to start!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014