We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

My husband and I will be arriving in Nairobi just before 11pm. I wasn't going to apply for a visa ahead of time because I think I've run out of time. Does anyone know if you can get a visa at any time of the day or if they only are open for visa's at certain times of the day?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
1. Re: Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Hi,

if planes are landing the Immigration desks are open, you will not have a problem, but suggest you download the form and complete it in advance saves a scrum for forms and somewhere to complete them and gets you in the queue quicker - see the FAQ on the right of the page for download links

Mombasa, Kenya
2. Re: Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Definitely they are open. You have to go with all the passengers towards the immigration counter and then you will see where to pay for visa. There are only a few counters so easy to figure out where to go. Agree with Doffcocker, have the form already filled in and USD 50 (or £30) ready and you will be through in no time.

nyc
3. Re: Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

As long as planes are landing Immigration/Visa Purchase is open.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

Thanks for your replies!!

5. Re: Is the Visa counter open 24hrs at Jomo Kenyatta Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 20, 2014