We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

Hi,

With my upcoming trip to Kenya for Safari, I have a choice to stay at Lake Naivasha on the last night then heading back to airport the next day for 2.20pm flight.

Would you suggest me to stay at Nairobi on the last night ?

Safty is the concern. If I do, then I probably arrive Nairobi around

7-8pm. And I want to get coffee to bring home before check in to hotel. 2 Asian on the street is pretty obvious.

I think it will be less risky to leave hotel next morning and go straight to airport. right ???

Which hotel would you recommend ? Near airport ? Downtown means, another battle with traffic on the way to airport.....

Thank you for your advise.

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

Hi,

You may stay in Nairobi on your last night for convenience purposes ( you may experience heavy traffic on your way back from Naivasha if you decide to stay there). Nairobi, just like any other big city e.g. New York, Rio etc has its fair share of crime. There are several places to stay near the airport, e.g. Ole Sereni, Eka Hotel and Panari, You may but the coffee from Nakumatt Mega, which is a 24- hour retail store and on your way to any of the hotels I mentioned above. All the best.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
2. Re: Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

Whether Naivasha or Nairobi for last night is OK. Drive to Nairobi is apprx 2 hours from Naivasha, so you have enough time to get to the airport.

My vote for staying in Naivasha for the last night.

If you want to stay in NBO, then the hotels closer to the airport are Ole Serena, Panari & Eka.

Nairobi
reviews: 16
3. Re: Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

I agree with Stefan.Naivasha- Nairobi safe drive 2 hrs and you can now go thru the by-pass to avoid traffic.If security is your issue the Fairview has my vote.For coffee or tea to take home you can buy at the Nakumatt near the airport.

4. Re: Arrive at 7-8pm, leaving 2pm.Which hotel to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 18, 2014