We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 59
8 days in Kenya

My husband and I are traveling to Kenya on short notice, but we will only have 8 days total in the country. I am taking my camera (I'm an intermediate photog with a serious telephoto lens) and would like opportunities for photography.

I had initially hoped to stay at Giraffe Manor for 1 night and then travel onwards to Masai Mara or anyplace else to see wildlife withiny time constraints.

Does anybody have a suggested itinerary or could anyone please point me in the best direction for me to do further research? Thank you! So excited!!

China
reviews: 3
11. Re: 8 days in Kenya

Hi,

I also heard about that, so should I go to Lake Bogoria rather than Lake Nakuru? I will arrive at Nairobi on 27 July noon and originally plan to go directly from the airport to Nakuru. How about Lake Naivasha? Anything special in Naivasha? I guess it is quite close to Nakuru. Actually, the most important part of my trip is the annual migration.

Thanks.

Nairobi
reviews: 14
12. Re: 8 days in Kenya

I totally agree with Yankari the Flamingos are in Lake Bogoria and Lake Nakuru has problems with floods.Most roads are impassable and getting closer to the Lake is not possible.

China
reviews: 3
13. Re: 8 days in Kenya

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Is Bogoria far away from Nairobi and Masai Mara?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
14. Re: 8 days in Kenya

Check Google maps. Bogoria is a couple of hours drive north of Nakuru, about 4-5 hours drive from Nairobi. Bogoria to Maasai Mara is a 5-7 hour drive, depending on where your final destination is in the Maasai Mara (it's a big area!).

Richard Trillo

Nairobi, Kenya
15. Re: 8 days in Kenya

8 days are good for a safari in Kenya. My opinion is 2 days Amboseli- 1 day lake Naivasha( Hell's Gate)-4 days Masai mara plus 1 day nairobi excursion.

16. Re: 8 days in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, October 06, 2013
17. Re: 8 days in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 08, 2014