We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi taxi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
reviews: 13
Nairobi taxi

Hello,

Could someone inform me about taxi safety at nairobi airport.

Are there bogus taxi's waiting around the airport that need to be avoided and if so how do I identify legitimate taxi firms.

I will be arriving in daylight, I am a women travelling solo.Could you tell me where the taxi stand is ,in relation to leaving the building as I would like to be able to make a beeline for it.

Thanks

20 replies to this topic
11. Re: Nairobi taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, December 23, 2013

San Francisco...
12. Re: Nairobi taxi

Hello,

is there someone in the Taxi booth outside of customs at 4:30am? Wondering since we arrive so early if we need to prebook a cab or book it when we arrive. Also, do you know if they charge per person or per car? There are 4 of us traveling and we have been quoted $100 for the transfer. Thanks

London, United...
13. Re: Nairobi taxi

these post was helpfull.

London, United...
14. Re: Nairobi taxi

these post was helpfull.

London, United...
15. Re: Nairobi taxi

these post was helpfull.

Moscow
reviews: 16
16. Re: Nairobi taxi

The normal cost to the center is about Ksh 2000 per taxi (about $23), maybe a bit more at that time of day. It is very unlikely that 4 people with luggage would fit into a normal taxi so you will need two taxis which in total will work out to about half your quoted cost. However, I guess you need to keep in mind the convenience of having a pre-booked car waiting for you at that time of the morning.

Chennai
reviews: 2
17. Re: Nairobi taxi

Hi Fellows,

Just wanted to share something good about a nice taxi guy whom I came across during my recent visit. We usually come across bad reviews but the world is not same. This guy is Anthony Ndambuki very reasonable and very knowledgeable guy about the roads. I hired him for full day and i could hear him getting calls from his regular customers to arrange taxi for them as he was not available. Very helpful . though i had to walk to airport as there was a maddening jam just at airport entrance due to security checks, he didnt go back and still followed to check if I am walking and can pick me up to save whatever time he can. We usually post bad things about bad guys but sort of thought as duty to post good things about good people. His email is Anthony_ndambuki@yahoo.com

And phone is +254 71-265-6481

Pls spread the good word about good people if you have experienced.

BP Singh

Chennai
reviews: 2
18. Re: Nairobi taxi

Hotels usually quote this way but at the exit there are prepaid taxis charging about 2000ksh to city centre.

Kind of prepaid taxis and those could be relied upon.

nairobi
19. Re: Nairobi taxi

Hi

My name is Joe mahiuha operate taxi from agakhan hospital,I normally do hotels and airport transfers.you may book me in advice.very safe and very reliable.

My e-mail number-joemahiuha@yahoo.com tel no-+254720895469

nairobi
20. Re: Nairobi taxi

Am the one

Reply to: Nairobi taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted