We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 6
Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Hello, could anyone let me know the most up-to-date information on airport lounges at Nairobi International AIrport. Is there still a lounge that I can pay to use (I have a 6 hour flight connection time, travelling Economy on Kenyan Airways).

I have read previous forums on this subject but facilities seem to change some people have said you can pay for first-class lounge, others say you can't use them unless you have a ticket. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has travelled recently.

Many thanks in advance.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

You can pay to use a lounge, just off the main corridor near the duty free shops. The food isn't up to much but you can help yourself to alcoholic and soft drinks + tea/coffee. There is satellite TV, internet and comfy chairs/sofas, just right for a quick nap.

The first class lounges near the prayer room can only be accessed by people with first/business class tickets.

Edited: 11:26 am, December 28, 2012
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
2. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Is your connection between international flights or between internal and international flights?

If the latter you have to change terminals so can use the cafe / bar with terrace or the restaurant that are at the airport but 'landside' rather than 'airside'

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

As Tembo said you can pay to use the First Class lounge. They charge US$30 for up to 4 hours. They might stretch it out to 5 hours.

Food wise, they have pastries, sandwiches, and small savouries like samosa, pies, etc that you can heat in a microwave. Drink selection is decent.

London
reviews: 6
4. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

HI, thanks for all your help, I have been through the airport a few years ago but read that it had been expanded (or is being expanded), all I remember is a circular building packed with people. Has the expansion been completed, hopefully it Is bigger and less chaotic now? I am coming via Kili so will not be changing terminals.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
5. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Nothing has really changed. Some duty free shops have made way for more seating. Otherwise the same, the new terminal is not ready yet.

6. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 02, 2014