We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Nairobi airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 4
Hotel near Nairobi airport

We have guests who are arrive late in the evening from Zanzibar to leave early the next morning for Europe. I was looking around for hotels near the airport and came up with Ole Sereni and Red Court but it looks like they will be too expensive. The Fahari gardens looks more reasonable and very suitable (as far as you can see on the website) but does anybody know the place? How is the location?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Try Aero club @ Wilson airport.

http://www.aeroclubea.com/facilities.htm

Nairobi, Kenya
2. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Looks like a good place but it is by Wilson Airport right? Does not sound so close to JKIA....

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Add another 20 min drive.

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

The place is just 20 min from the airport? That sounds reasonable. Will check it out.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
5. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

No - i said "ADD" another 20 mins from Ole or Red Court.

Nairobi, Kenya
6. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Oh I see. So how far is that if you travel in the morning hours? About 35-40 minutes?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Yep. 35-40 minutes is off peak. But not much traffic whilst going to the airport as traffic is in the opp. direction. Best to leave before 9 AM

nyc
8. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

You want a hotel near JKIA, not near/at Wilson as the Aero Club.

Besides Ole Sereni or Panari which are about 15/min from JKIA, is also the new EKA hotel.

Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

Hi KitikatNYC,

There's a nice place near the airport, The Strands hotel and the rates are very reasonable. For a double on bed and breakfast they charge from USD 110.00.

http://www.thestrandhotelkenya.com. I hope that helps.

10. Re: Hotel near Nairobi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 19, 2013