We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Trip

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Islamabad, Pakistan
Nairobi Trip

Hi:

I am going to nairobi 11th or 12th of december 2012.

I will be there till Dec 20th.

I am looking for a hostel room which is near to the beach.

Also i want to do three day jungle safari. Also want to do water sports like jet skies, snorkelling, suba, kayaking etc.

Please suggest.

Thanx

aamir

ahkhan75@hotmail.com

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
1. Re: Nairobi Trip

Aamir, you'll need to fly straight to Mombasa on the coast (1hr), as Nairobi is in the highlands. Mombasa Backpackers will look after you I'm sure. They're on Facebook. They can arrange all sorts of water sports and they're only a 5-minute walk to the beach. Plus they have a pool, bar, restaurant and lots of people to share information with. As for your three-day jungle safari, I would sign up for a two night stay at Shimba Lodge, in the Shimba Hills National Park. It's relatively expensive if you're on a backpacking budget, but you will experience very atmospheric jungle scenes (the lodge is by a water hole and nicely integrated into the forest) and you can hike with a wildlife service ranger down to the waterfalls and do some wildlife spotting game drives around the park.

Have a great trip.

Richard Trillo

Edited: 4:45 pm, December 06, 2012
2. Re: Nairobi Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013