We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 2
Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

Are the wooden bowls, big spoons and forks, etc. sold on Fridays by the Maasai safe to use for food? Or, are these items just decorative? I made some lovely purchases recently and forgot to ask the makers. I would not want to make anybody ill because of something in or on the wood. If I can use these items in dining, how should I care for them?

Thank you,

lesmar

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
1. Re: Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

No, they should all be absolutely fine. I've been using all sort of wooden spoons and utensils (cow horn spoons are particular good for rice) for years, with no ill effects…

Richard

Massachusetts
2. Re: Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

Thank you!

Nairobi, Nairobi...
reviews: 57
3. Re: Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

greetings Lesmar,

You can contact the mall directly on pr@villagemarket-kenya.com to get an answer from the particular vendor through the management office.

They may need you to email photos of what you bought.

Otherwise people use them for all sort of needs including decoration.

Thank you,

Dominic.

Massachusetts
4. Re: Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

Sorry, I could not say which vendors I bought from. I just want to be sure there are no issues with food safety. After that, I want to be able to clean and care for properly. Thank you.

5. Re: Maasai wooden goods at The Village Market on Fridays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, December 17, 2013