We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milwaukee, wisconsin
reviews: 24
David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I will be staying at the Nairobi tented camp for purposes of visitng the elephant sanctuary. I am a donor at Sheldrick's and am told by the tented camp that it will cost me $85 for a transfer over to the sanctuary and entry for a 5 pm - 6 pm visit. I thought they were on the same turf, so why the $85? We would also like to visit the 11 a.m. showing at the elephant orphanage. Does that mean another $85?? Would I normally be paying this much to do so? Can anybody provide information on this topic?

Thank you

milwaukee, wisconsin
reviews: 24
11. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

Yes, I managed to get the "Lina" e-mail link from an agent. Lina was very helpful, and she booked me in at the 5:00 timeslot, so at least I am on the list now. Still working on transportation, but she gave me the name of a reputable taxi link which I will contact.

Thanks again everybody for all the help you have given me!

Nairobi
12. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

keeping in mind the rates of nairobi tented camp, they should take you to the orphanage free of charge!!

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
13. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I've just finished reading Daphne's autobiography. It's one of the most wonderful books I've ever read.

"An African Love Story; Love, Life & Elephants"

amazon.co.uk/African-Love-Story-Elephants-eb…

It's also out in paperback from Jan 3 2013.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
14. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I bought that for my mum - she absolutely loved it too. Must get round to reading it myself; will probably be blubbing like an idiot when I do.

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
15. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

It's an amazing story of her life & her love of both David & her orphans. Having met Daphne a couple of years ago I was amazed to find that as a young woman she was incredibly beautiful.

It's a brilliant tale & very well written. It would make a terrific movie. It would be like "Out of Africa" without the hedonistic behaviour. I was aware of her work with her orphan ellies but it's the tales of all her other orphans in Tsavo which are so amusing.

16. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 16, 2013