We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather December and January

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Weather December and January

Hi there I spent a month in Nairobi this past July.... I am travelling Nairobi again for the xmas holidays. I am wondering what the weather will be like during that time.... I know In July it got quite cool in the evenings and I needed warm clothes for sleeping.... is there much of a difference In Dec/Jan? Just trying to figure out how much to pack clothes wise and what...

WALLSEND
reviews: 3
1. Re: Weather December and January

Hi, It is summertime in Kenya then. Pamela

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: Weather December and January

Yes, but it's still chilly in Nairobi in the evenings - we're at altitude, just like the Mara, Naivasha and the Aberdares.

Morecambe
reviews: 18
3. Re: Weather December and January

Hi What will the weather be like in Pikot? I never even thought it would be chilly . Thank goodness I came on here. All I have packed is sleeveless tops. !!

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
4. Re: Weather December and January

Ortum is around 1400m, so about 4500ft. I would think it's going to be mid to high 20s in the daytime, with nights probably down to 15 or below. I never take much more than a fleece and a thick, long-sleeved shirt to Kenya, and that's good to most altitudes. Early and late, or overnight journeys, however can be chilly (and obviously in any open vehicles etc, the wind chill can make things pretty nippy). Although Kenya is on the equator, it's far from hot everywhere all the time. The sun is extremely fierce, however, so watch that!

Richard

Edited: 3:04 pm, November 21, 2012
Morecambe
reviews: 18
5. Re: Weather December and January

Once again Richard . Thanks. Im packing my fleece and socks and a long sleeved cardigan.

6. Re: Weather December and January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 16, 2013