We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 6
4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Hi,

I arrive at 11.10 am from Entebbe to Jomo Kenyatta (Kenya Airways) and need to take the 3.15pm Airkenya flight to Masai Mara from Wilson Airport.

Is 4 hrs enough time to get Visa on Arrival, pick up luggage and carry on to Wilson?

Are Kenya Airways flights usually on time?

Otherwise, I will have to stay back a night in Nairobi & miss out one day of Safari in Masai Mara. :(

Please advice.

Thanks

Sasha

Nairobi
1. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Hi Sasha

That should be fine, if your flight lands on time, give it at least 1 hours for immigration and visa, check in for Mara flight is 45 minutes before departure, you will be safe.

Enjoy yourself in the Mara

Allan

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

As Allan says, you'll make it. There's a shortcut to Wilson from a murram road off Ole Serena Hotel. The driver will know about it.

Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

"Is 4 hrs enough time to get Visa on Arrival, pick up luggage and carry on to Wilson?"

It is, but be careful if your flight lands on a Saturday. Saturdays on Lang'ata Rd are a nightmare going towards Karen at that time.

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
4. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

I'll vouch for FL410's comment, it took us 2 hours on a Saturday afternoon earlier this year, even using the short cut.

Nairobi, Kenya
5. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Pole Mwingereza... we went through that ourselves back in September and ended up having to turn round and do the circular route via Mbagathi Way/Ngong Road. It's getting worse every day, sadly.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Well, my flight would be on a Monday.

Though 4 hrs between 2 airports is making me a bit nervous.

Decisions. Decisions.

Thanks for all the advice, though.

Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Monday should be far less of a problem. Weekdays at that time the route from town towards Karen shouldn't be nearly as bad as on a Saturday. I'd risk it.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Any clue if the Kenya Airways flights are usually on time?

Also, are there pre paid taxi option from Jomo Kenyatta to Wilson?

And where can I change money in the airport?

Nairobi
9. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

Kenya airways do try to keep time, I am sure you will make the connection to Wilson airport, no worries. I am sure you are dealing with a tour operator for the Mara part of the tour, ask them to arrange the taxi for you, or else deal with reputable taxi companies that can accept prepayment like Jim Cabs or Kenatco . Foreign exchange bureau are at JKIA and Wilson airport as well,do change your money where you find convenient for you.

All the best

Allan

10. Re: 4 hrs between Jomo Kenyatta & Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 16, 2013