We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
reviews: 193
Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

In looking at the hotel reports it appears that the better of the two would be the Hilton? The Intercontinental seems to be aging and in need of a refresh versus the Hilton.

Can I get an honest opinion from a recent traveler ? !!\\

Thank you

manchester, United...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Are you tied to either of these places? I really ike Nairobi Serena or even the Stanley.

Near London
reviews: 54
2. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

I've never stayed at the IC but the hilton is ok. although it is definitely aging & in need of refurbishment. The standard rooms in the tower are quite small (well very) and the rooms by the pool (which are some of the deluxe) suffer from damp. The security is good and the public areas are nice too. It is just the rooms. But compared with many places in the town it is pretty good and VERY central.

Near London
reviews: 54
3. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

I agree about the stanley that is where we are staying next month

Vancouver...
4. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Sadly I am tied to either of the two

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Btwn the 2, i would go for Inter Cont.

I think it's the Hilton that would need an overhaul compared to Inter.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
6. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Intercon. Hilton is shabby and tired.

7. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:52 am, January 15, 2013
Vancouver...
8. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

thanks everyone honest opinions are always the best! And I try to as well in my reviews. As you can see I travel a great deal mostly business.

San Antonio, Texas
9. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

Hi there,

Hope you are good! I would go to intercontinental. Both hotels need renovation however, intercon has some new rooms especially the club level and the club lounge is a plus. The service is amazing. Hilton's location was noisy to me... i am a light sleeper:(

Good luck!

Michigan
reviews: 53
10. Re: Intercontinental Hotel or Hilton?

I stayed at the Intercontinental this past May and was in room 560. The rooms on that wing seemed to have been remodeled. When I was there in 2010, I was in 458 which was newly remodeled. Both of these room were very nice. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I had the dinner buffet on this last trip, which they said was "Spanish" but I didn't care for it. Had a lot of seafood, which I don't care for. There is good security on the floors, which is good as I'm a single female traveler. The business center is great and the people working in there have always been helpful. If you use your own computer it is a lot less expensive, although quite reasonable if you use theirs - and fast.