We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gliwice, Poland
hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

I am looking for a place when I can ren a motor in tanzania or kenia

I want to rent it for a few days any idea or place when I can do that ?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

Where do you want to travel with the vehicle?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
2. Re: hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

as RWA says, where do you want to use it?

What do you want to use it for (what type of bike do you want)?

Gliwice, Poland
3. Re: hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

I want to have a short - few days bike trip -for me it doesn't matter when - it 's all depends about place when we can find the bikes. if we talk about bike The best would be enduro or fun enduro like Honda XXL, Yamacha XT or BMW dakar or any other BMW GS ( I think that BMW will be too expensive for us :))

I want to visit some Village or city and have a fun during the journey.

i am waiting for advices :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
4. Re: hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

I can't speak for Nairobi, but you see very few Japanese or European bikes here at the coast, just one or two imported by ex-pats.

The huge majority of bikes here are Chinese 125cc and 150cc machines, these are cheap and easy to rent almost any of the thousands of piki piki boda boda (motorbike taxi) riders will know someone who will rent you a bike but I'm afraid I don't know of anyone renting larger bikes.

You should be aware that you take your life in your hands every time you get on a motorbike here, a combination of the state of the roads and the standard of Kenyan drivers and the homicidal / suicidal tendencies of many of them plus the fact that they don't see or don't consider a bike to have any right to be on their road (I have to slow or swerve to avoid oncoming cars or matatus at least once every day and once a week I have to stop completely or swerve off the road onto the dirt verge to avoid being hit head on)

Add to this the fact that most piki piki riders have no training or previous road experience and there is carnage on the roads every day

5. Re: hire a motorcycles in Tanzania ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 16, 2013