We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Hi all,

We're planning a trip to Kenya for 16 days of which 12 we thought we'll use a guided tour sort of thing.

Was wondering if you fine people might be able to tell us where the best lodging would be scenery and wild life wise.

We're 2 guys with a total budget of $8000 for 16 days,

Thank you

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Very doable if camping. Look above in things to do and cruise the tour guides. Lots of info here.

Nairobi
2. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Hi, Damika,

This is a sort of Budget safari , based on a mixture of tented camps and Budget lodge , your travel agent will be a good position to tell you more on the kind of accommodations to be offered , its not that Budget either, depending on when exactly to begin your trip, its a matter of a peak season which is ongoing , toward the end of December can be crazy based on the fact that its a festive season which attracts some Christmas supplements, beginning 24, 25, 26, 31 and 1st of Jan, if you intend to travel within this limits then it means some more dollars , before this then you can be sure of not basically camping, but standard and budget lodges can work .

Good luck.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Dammika, I have PM'd you the details of someone who should be able to help you with your budget.

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Here is a sample itinerary doable for that budget and private.

Day 1: arrival: Heron Court hotel.

Day 2: Tsavo East: Voi safari lodge/Voi wildlife lodge/Ashnil Aruba lodge

Day 3: Tsavo East. Voi safari lodge/Voi wildlife lodge/Ashnil Aruba lodge

Day 4 Tsavo West: Ngulia lodge/ Ngulia bandas

Day 5: Amboseli: Kibo/Sentrim camp

Day 6: Amboseli: Kibo/Sentrim Camp

Day 7: Lake Naivasha: Elsamere camp

Day 8: Mt. Kenya: Stay at the Ark

Day 9: Mt. Kenya sweetwaters. Stay in Nanyuki Hotel

Day 10: Samburu: Samburu Sopa

Day 11: Samburu Sopa

Day 12: Lake Nakuru: Stay at the chester or bontana hotel in the city

Day 13: Maasai mara: Mara House/ Enchoro Camp/Mara eden Camp/Mara river camp/Manyatta camp

Day 14: Maasai mara: : Mara House/ Enchoro Camp/Mara eden Camp/Mara river camp/Manyatta camp

Day 15: Masai mara: : Mara House/ Enchoro Camp/Mara eden Camp/Mara river camp/Manyatta camp

Day 16: Maasai mara to Nairobi

Have av sent a PM with suggested tour operators.

5. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:54 am, January 15, 2013
6. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, October 24, 2012
7. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, October 24, 2012
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 26
8. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Once I subtracted the 30% agent markup, that's almost to the penny what I spent for my safari. If you want the itinerary which was very nice mobile tents in parks and pretty high end, just message me as I saw all the animals and had a great time. Judith

Oakland, CA
reviews: 149
9. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Why all the *private message* offers? We ( at least I) ALL like to share in recommendations and information.

Isnt:t that the point of a FORUM?

Nairobi, Kenya
10. Re: 12 Days in Kenya $6000 budget

Hi Calinurse,

Your budget is enough to cater for a mid-range safari in Kenya. A typical itinerary would be something like this:

Nairobi-Naivasha-Nakuru-Masai Mara-Masai Mara-Masai Mara- Masai Mara - Nairobi - Amboseli - Tsavo - Mombasa - Mombasa - Mombasa - Malindi - Malindi - Nairobi

The above is taking into consideration that the two of you will be sharing a double/twin room.