We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Letter of Invitation

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Letter of Invitation

I going to get a tourist visa at the airport in Nairobi. Do I need to show a letter of Invitation...?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Letter of Invitation

Invitation to what? From what country?

Baltimore, Maryland
2. Re: Letter of Invitation

Do I need to show a letter of invitation from a friend in Kenya to get a tourist visa at the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: Letter of Invitation

No you don't. Just US$50 and your valid passport.

Ilford, United...
reviews: 18
4. Re: Letter of Invitation

Assuming the form on arrival is the same as the form available online I think it asks for your itinery and the address of where you are staying if that helps

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: Letter of Invitation

Confused, Saheru, since you state you are already in Nairobi. Who's the visa for?

Baltimore, Maryland
6. Re: Letter of Invitation

I am coming to Nairobi soon. I am getting my visa at the airport....a tourist visa. What do I put in question #8......because i am coming as a tourist. I do not know anyone in Kenya. This is my very first visit to Kenya.

Ilford, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Letter of Invitation

Saheru, I've just looked at the form online and it says "names & addresses of friends, firms, relatives to be visited" if I recall I completed the names of the hotel & lodges (the itinery) that I was going to be staying at while I was there.

HTH

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 49
8. Re: Letter of Invitation

Just put the name and address / location of the first or main hotel or lodge you will be staying at

Baltimore, Maryland
9. Re: Letter of Invitation

I appreciate anyone who responded to my questions. You have been helpful in helping me understand the procedures at the Nairobi airport. This will be my first trip to Africa.....Thank you all.....

Fort Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 26
10. Re: Letter of Invitation

If you email the Kenya embassy, they will respond to all questions within a day or two.