We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-5 Days in Kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 4
3-5 Days in Kenya

Hi,

I have a work trip to Nairobi in December for 5 days, and I was thinking of tacking on an additional 3-5 days to explore. I haven't spent much time in Africa (just Egypt and Morocco), and would be potentially interested in seeing some animals (Masai Mara?), or something else naturally beautiful. I'd like to get out of Nairobi as I will have just spent the week there. What would there be time for in 3-5 days? Also, I'm a 28 year old woman, and will be traveling alone.

Thanks!

Cara

nyc
1. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

December prior the 20th, is still at lower rates, then goes into peak for holiday season. ....there will be a single supplement regardless for rooming - lodge/camp

Drive to/from NBO and the Mara is minimum 5/hrs on not the best roads.

By Air, it's about 1/hr or less. Return air is about $300.

You can certainly visit in the Mara for 3/days.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
2. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

You could visit Mara, Amboselli, Samburu or others in that time and have a great time. They are all the long drive or fly depends on budget.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 147
3. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

Cara. Add a 3 night safari I Mara. Stay two nights in Nairobi and explore. You will love it. Also if u r working with locals in Nairobi, hang out with them.

Allentown...
4. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

From Nairobi, a great option would be to experience the beautiful great rift lakes combined with masai mara. lake naivasha or nakuru for 1-2 nights and then head off to masai mara for 2-3 nights. loldia house in naivasha is my fav.

since dec is not the migration period, recommend staying in the private part of masai mara such mara north - you can experience activities not available in the public part of masai mara such as walking and night game drives.

Royal Mara is small personalized camp which offers excellent experiences in the private part of masai mara.

you can fly to naivasha from nairobi onto masai mara and back to nairobi.

Visram

AfricanMecca Safaris

Nairobi
5. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

Caramia,

You can combine Maasai mara and the great Rift valley lakes that Naivasha and Nakuru for one night each, then two nights Maasai mara, if you are travelling alone , then it will be too expensive for road trip , unless you find some tour operators with daily departures to join the group, or else you can fly if need be, its around US$ 250 - US$ 300 return to Maasai mara, the lodge or the camp can organize pick up and transfers to the airstrips including game drives .

All the best,

Naomi.

Tour consultant.

Nappet tours and Travel ltd.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 85
6. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

Try this tour company http://www.kairitours.com/. We found them to be the most reasonably priced for a 3 day/2 night Masai Mara safari.

There were only 2 of us, my bf and I, and we were able to book the 3 day group safari without paying a premium price. Another couple joined us in Narok, and continued the 3 day safari with us.

On our last day of safari, we picked up a group of 5 women, one of which was traveling alone for the ride back to Nairobi.

7. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:14 am, November 06, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
8. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

In 3-5 days, L. Nakuru NP/Naivasha & Mara NP would be ideal.

Nakuru & Mara has game & Naivasha is a lovely tranquil picturesque lakeside town. Also perfect for O/N stay before proceeding to Mara.

9. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:54 am, January 15, 2013
london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
10. Re: 3-5 Days in Kenya

I would fly to the Mara for 3 or 4 nights.

I stayed at 2 of Kicheche's camps in Feb this year- one of the reasons I chose them is they don't charge single supplements except in peak migration time (mid July to late Oct). See some of their packages here-

http://kicheche.com/packages