We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Hours at Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 8
3 Hours at Wilson

I'll be changing planes at Wilson and have a three hour lay-over. I've been there a few times before and there dosen't seem to be a whole lot to do.

Is it safe for tourists to walk in the area in and around the airport i.e. to Aero Club; Dambusters (is this place safe for tourists?!); Carnivor etc. Thoughts and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 141
1. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Very safe to walk inside the airport. Would be advisable to take a cab to carnivore. However aeroclub is much nicer.

UK
reviews: 1
2. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

you're right, there's not much to do. But it's perfectly safe to walk around the area in daylight hours

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 126
3. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

It's only a 10 minutes walk to the Aero Club & perfectly safe. It's a great place for a drink or a meal & you can sit in the garden by the pool & totally relax. If you don't fancy the walk then I'm sure that your airline will drop you off.

We were walking from the club to the Safarilink check in a couple of weeks ago & a vehicle stopped & offered us a lift. Another small example of Kenyan friendship & hospitality.

Boston...
4. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Thanks very much everyone.

Nicmel: Wher is the Aeroclub in relation to the Safari Link check in. If I recall correctly, SL check in was located at the end of an access road ajecent to the airport hangers - Is the Aeroclub located by the entrance to the airport?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 141
5. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Aero club would be roughly half way form the entranc to safari link check in. Around a 10 min walk.

Boston...
6. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Thanks!

7. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 15, 2013