We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Hours at Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
3 Hours at Wilson

I'll be changing planes at Wilson and have a three hour lay-over. I've been there a few times before and there dosen't seem to be a whole lot to do.

Is it safe for tourists to walk in the area in and around the airport i.e. to Aero Club; Dambusters (is this place safe for tourists?!); Carnivor etc. Thoughts and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
165 reviews
1. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Very safe to walk inside the airport. Would be advisable to take a cab to carnivore. However aeroclub is much nicer.

UK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
2. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

you're right, there's not much to do. But it's perfectly safe to walk around the area in daylight hours

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
160 reviews
3. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

It's only a 10 minutes walk to the Aero Club & perfectly safe. It's a great place for a drink or a meal & you can sit in the garden by the pool & totally relax. If you don't fancy the walk then I'm sure that your airline will drop you off.

We were walking from the club to the Safarilink check in a couple of weeks ago & a vehicle stopped & offered us a lift. Another small example of Kenyan friendship & hospitality.

Boston...
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Thanks very much everyone.

Nicmel: Wher is the Aeroclub in relation to the Safari Link check in. If I recall correctly, SL check in was located at the end of an access road ajecent to the airport hangers - Is the Aeroclub located by the entrance to the airport?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
165 reviews
5. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Aero club would be roughly half way form the entranc to safari link check in. Around a 10 min walk.

Boston...
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

Thanks!

7. Re: 3 Hours at Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 15, 2013