We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 24
Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

Husbands trip to Africa has been totally lashed up by Carlton Leisure, as a result he has an unexptected overnight in Nairobi before he can fly to Kilimanjaro. Would be extremely grateful if someone could let me know which hotel is nearest to Nairobi airport so that I can book him a room, rather than him spend 14 hrs sat in the airport. Thanks in advance

Nairobi
reviews: 14
1. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

Jambo and we welcome your husband to Kenya.You can try the Panari or Ole Sereni.

nyc
2. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

There is the new Eka Hotel. Drive time for these three is about 15/min to/from. When booking to ask if they provide free transfers.

These hotels can be expensive, so many choose to go farther into the City for stay at The Fairview or their lower cost sister hotel (on the same ground) The Country Lodge. If you choose these, taxi is about $20 each way.

Assume next morning's flight to JRO is earliest about 8am, so at that hour and since check-in for an international flight is 2/hrs, there won't be much traffic.

But know, having to overnight in Nairobi, hubby will have to pass thru Immigration, purchase Kenyan Transit Visa USD$20 and must have a Yellow Fever inoculation and proof of same for entry to Tanzania.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

Panari. Ole Sereni, Eka Hotel are very good hotels, not very far from JKIA but quite expensive.

If you want something pocket friendly, (not far from JKIA), have a look @ Red Court & Aero Club.

http://www.aeroclubea.com/facilities.htm

http://www.redcourt.co.ke/

Kampala, Uganda
4. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

I would recommend Eka Hotel, check out there website at www.ekahotel.com or for budget the Bounty Hotel situated in South B estate , along Mukoma Road - about 5 kilometers away from the Kenyatta International Conference Centre - KICC. The hotel is located a short six kilometers from the International Airport.

Kampala, Uganda
5. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

EKA Hotel is the best i guess.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
6. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

Ole Sereni is grim. Suggest EKA.

Michigan
reviews: 53
7. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

I would not recommend Ole Sereni. Was there in May, staying just as a dayroom before my late night flight. The room was ok but the bathroom shower spills water out into the toilet area. In addition, even though I had been upgraded to a 'delux' room, the towels were all tattered and terrible (you can look at my review for photos). The restaurant service was pathetically slow, food over priced and the actual food items not what I was expecting. I'd never stay there again.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
8. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

The Ole Sereni gets mixed reviews but I thought the food there was very good indeed. Rooms are pricey for what you get, but comfortable enough. I'd give the Redcourt a try - it's owned by the Red Cross, good value for the location and seems very reliable (I haven't stayed, but I've visited).

Richard

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
9. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

I stayed at the Bounty a couple of years ago when I had an early flight. They looked after me well. The price was good. Because I had to leave early, I was brought a huge breakfast in my room!

Nairobi
reviews: 1
10. Re: Which is the nearest hotel to Nairobi airport?

I recommend you check with Red court , too, or May be Panari sky centre.