We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham, UK
reviews: 5
Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

Looking for clean and pleasant budget accomodation in or around Nairobi. Group of about 35 volunteers that will be travelling across land to Kisumu. The flights from London often arrive late evening so we need to stay overnight somewhere before setting off across land the next morning. The majority of the volunteers are 17-22 year olds so a bar / recreational area would be well received.

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

The 2 places I use when in Nairobi are,

Grace house resort in Hurlingham, next door to yaya shopping centre. It does not have a bar though.

Central park hotel which is in town and does have a bar as well as a gym and sauna.

Both are very reasonably priced for Nairobi and clean safe hotels.

google them and you will see them online.

Edited: 1:13 pm, October 03, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

1. Wildebeest Camp

http://wildebeestecocamp.com/

2. Rock Hse Karen

www.mountainrock.co.ke/Rockhouse/index.html

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

You could look at Acacia Camp - one of the best equipped overlanders' camps in Nairobi, owned by a South African company.

africatravelco.com

I think they'd manage with a group that size, but I'm not sure that Wildebeest could, at least not in their budget accommodation - though they're great people, so definitely worth following up.

As for Rock House, that's a new one to me - it reminds me of Mountain Rock Bantu Lodge. Thanks Stef!

Richard

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

check on downtown backpackers in Nairobi its a very simple accommodation.

www.downtownbackpackers.co.ke

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 40
5. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

check with Kolping guest house:

kolpingguesthouses-africa.com/kenya/guesthou…

nice and very clean

Winchester, United...
reviews: 27
6. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

you could have a look at this

indabaexplorations.co.za/tour-info/campsite/

They have dorms and cheap rooms not sure how many.

The is an honesty bar, a tv room with dvd's and a pool table they also do group meals which are not expensive.

Winchester, United...
reviews: 27
7. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

worldwideadventure.net/extraservices.aspx…

Acacia Camp Nairobi.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
8. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

I have friends who use the YMCA - not just for men!! They are a family and like it very much.

9. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:02 am, October 16, 2012
Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
10. Re: Budget accomodation for large charity group (35)

I've talked to my friend who stays at the YMCA. He says he is sure they can accommodate a group of your size. Dormitory accommodation is available as well as rooms. He says the place is basic, but suits them very well (older parents with a child). Staff are very friendly. He will give me the contact for you -e-mail and a phone number. I am not sure if they have a Website.

If you are coming in on a day flight from UK and are leaving the next morning, I doubt if the grpoup will have time for recreational areas!!

Edited: 3:46 am, October 11, 2012