We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sweetwater vs maasai mara

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
reviews: 1
sweetwater vs maasai mara

trying to decide if should plan more time at ol pejeta sweetwater camp or entumoto at maasai mara? currently scheduled 3 nights at each...wondering if should change to 2 nights sweetwater and 4 at maasai mara? total trip is 8 nights with 2 in nairobi. Thanks!!

Edited: 10:52 am, October 03, 2012
manchester, United...
reviews: 46
1. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

I'd go for 2 nights at Ol Pejeta and 4 at the Mara. I love Sweetwaters but it is considerable smaller than the Mara. On the other hand I have no idea what entumoto is like and I do know that Sweetwaters is very very good.

nj
reviews: 1
2. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

ok thanks very much, thats what i thought. :)

Michigan
reviews: 41
3. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

I'd also agree with Val, although Sweetwaters has ranked with me as one of my favorite Kenya places to stay. When you are going to be there may also be a factor, but the Mara does definitely have more area to cover. Depending on your interests, and if you did cut your stay at Sweetwaters to 2 days, after going to the Goodall chip preserve and seeing Baraka the rhino, I would skip those and spend more time looking for wildlife out and about. Now if you have a great desire to be able to pet a rhino up close, you may enjoy it. But for me, those 2 places, which my guide thought I'd enjoy, were more zoo like. I also am not familiar with entumoto in the Mara.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
4. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

Another vote for 2 nights sweetwater & 4 at mara.

You can also visit the Rhino Sanctuary @ Lewa from Sweetwaters.

There's a Chimpanzee Sanctuary @ SW.

nyc
5. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

Definitely 4/nts in the Mara.

As to Entumoto, yankari/Richrd replied to your other thread (Siana Springs vs Entumoto) re both of these camps and where located. There are other options in the Mara that might better suit your needs whether location and actual camp.

6. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:02 am, October 16, 2012
7. Re: sweetwater vs maasai mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 14, 2013