We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

I have not been able to find a review of this comapany. I have taken the risk of booking a 5 day safari with them and would like to know other's experience before I book any additional tour time with them.

Thanks in advance

1. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, October 04, 2012
Nairobi
2. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Ann

Blatant self appraisal and soliciting for business is not permitted on this forum. We also have not heard about you either.

Allan

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 28
3. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

figrin

It might be that they are not even a company. Alot of safari reps parade themsleves as a safari company but they are not just that.

I can give you someone to book a safari with as well as the others here who have alot of posts and know local trustworthy people. Best ask them to be safe.

nyc
4. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Not everyone can know every tour operator or outfitter anywhere. Nor do all people post reviews on travel forums, if they even know of these.

Best you ask Footprint Safari for names/phone #s of recent clients, preferably in your home area/country (easy to call) or by email... ask them for feedback.

Of course, they usually only send happy clients, but then anyone can have an unsatisfied client. Gotta start somewhere.

If they can't/won't... find another outfitter

Halifax, Canada
5. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Thanks Allan I had the same response to Anne's reply.

Halifax, Canada
6. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Thanks for your input. It does seem like there are a lot of safari companies but either their dates or costs doesn't work for me. I will look at other options to book the rest of my trip.

Richard

Halifax, Canada
7. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

Thanks 4sandi, it does seem like there are a lot of safari companies and legitimate companies may not be known by others. I will ask for references, but I also plan to contact the lodges they contract with. I suspect they are legitimate but not sure of their quality. I will share my experience with all when i return.

Cheers,

Halifax, Canada
8. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

I have another question. I am looking to just stay in a lodge that is in good natural surroundings where I can do some independent nature walks. It seems that most lodges are very expensive and solely based around safaris. I would be fine with $150/night but $100 with food would be great. Naorobi area (or one that provides transport from there would work well. Any suggestions?

nyc
9. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

The Lake Naivasha area northwest of Nairobi. Here you'll find Hell's Gate which is good for walking about. Can also do a boat ride to Crescent Island for walk amongst tame game.

Sorry, can't recommend places to stay... others might.

Halifax, Canada
10. Re: Has anyone had an experience with footprint safari-Naorobi

That's a good suggestion 4sandi, thanks. It is an area that may really meet my needs and I think I have found a good website for acommodation listings.