We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london, england
reviews: 3
stop over in Nairobi

Hi all

I am going to Kenya in Feb and will have a stop of about 5 hours in Nairobi (early morning to early afternoon) I am looking for something to do in this time. I would like to avoid going into the city itself as traffic is always such a problem. Thanks all

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
1. Re: stop over in Nairobi

What time do you land, and what time do you depart?

Assuming you have checked your luggage through to your final destination, allow around 30-45 minutes to exit the airport. You need to be back at least 90 minutes before departure, as you will need to clear immigration and 2 lots of security. So 2 hours of your 5 hours is gone.

You could go on a game drive at Nairobi National Park. Allow 30 minutes in each direction, so you would get a 2 hour game drive.

Other then that there is not really anything to do on the airport side of Nairobi CBD:(

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: stop over in Nairobi

How about sitting out in hotel or restaurant close to the airport ?

There's Ole Serena, Carnivore Restaurant, visit to Animal Orphanage & Safari walk.

Edited: 4:11 am, September 28, 2012
3. Re: stop over in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013