We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Callaway, Minnesota
reviews: 74
Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

I am coming to Nairobi in a couple of weeks and was wondering if any good markets or shops or even street vendors where one might look for the work of young artists of modern contemporary art. Not the norm of lions and the such or Masai warriors, but more cutting edge with vibrant colors.

Thanks so much.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
1. Re: Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

Banana Hill Gallery, in Banana Hiil, has some good stuff. You take a cab past Village Market towards Limuru, or bus/matatu I think #117.

Richard

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

There is a "Gallery Watatu" in town, but i believe it's now under receivership.

That said, i've seen some beautiful batik paintings (using vibrant colours) at the local City Market.

Edited: 11:55 pm, September 27, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

Gallery Watatu in Standard Street? Didn't it close last year?

I wish there were more…

Richard

4. Re: Modern Contemporay Art in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 14, 2013