We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 57
Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

Just returned from the codeshare Qantas/Kenya airways Sydney to Nairobi via Bangkok. Heads up for any persons getting off at Bangkok on the way back. They do not advise on the plane that you must go through a health check before proceeding to immigration and the immigration offices do not speak very good english just send you away. An hour lost trying to get assistance at Bangkok airport. So on arrival have your arrival cards filled out and your yellow fever cards ready go straight to the health check desk and have your entry card stamped before proceeding to immigration. Hope this helps.

northcoast
reviews: 8
1. Re: Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

thanks for useful info. We will be travelling this way in a months time.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
2. Re: Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

My recollection is that you pass the health check desk on your way to Immigration, if my memory is correct it's on the left just before you go up the wide corridor that opens out into the Immigration / Passport Control hall

Bangkok
reviews: 4
3. Re: Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

Your memory is good - and Kenya Airways service is very "consistent".

mombasa
reviews: 22
4. Re: Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

Health check counter first then immigrations. if you are in transit and you are not on say EU passport country you may need a transit visa if you are transiting for more than i think 12 hours.

5. Re: Sydney/Bangkok/Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 14, 2013