We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

Good day,

My new wife and i are planning a 4-5 night safari to glorious Kenya. We are planning on flying into Nairobi and mainly want to see the great migration and if we can, the big 5 :)

Its our first safari experience so I would be most grateful for help with itinerary and safari operators.

I was thinking, 2 days in Lake Nakuru and the rest on the Masai Mara before heading back home from Nairobi.

I would be most grateful for any assistance.

Best wishes

Philip

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

Hi Philip,

Our advise is you do 1night - lake Nakuru, 1night - Lake naivasha and 2nights - Masai Mara. Total of 4nights/5days safari.

2. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, September 16, 2012
Somerset, United...
reviews: 6
3. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

Hi,

I would try and avoid the Maasai mara at the moment due to the current road conditions, almost impassable, 7 to 9 hrs from Nakuru and with the rains starting, it could take even longer not Unless you will be flying. Consider Nakuru, Meru, Sweetwaters with all having a smooth road network and also Big five in all except Nakuru where there are no elephants.

I'd suggest 2 Nights Sweetwaters, 2 nights Meru and 1 night Nakuru or even Hell's Gate-L. Naivasha.

Hunt

London, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

I beg your pardon, I should have been more clear. We're planning on heading to Kenya from next August 1st-10th. Could you also recommend any good tour operators who charge a reasonable price?

Regards

Phil

Somerset, United...
reviews: 6
5. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

By then they will have fixed the Narok-Mara road. Construction was under-way when I left there last Month hence you can include Maasai mara on a road trip.

In this case I would do L. Nakuru 1 Night, L.Naivasha 1 Night and 3 nights at the Mara.

There are plenty of good and reasonably priced tour operators out there, I am sure you will hear more from those who have been with them. Personally I used Plan Safari Ltd.

Hunt

6. Re: 5 night Safari, Need a little help with operator/locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 22, 2013