We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dayrooms at NBO

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
Dayrooms at NBO

I'll ask this question here - I've had a look around, esp at www.sleepinginairports.com, but would like to hear from someone who's been through NBO a bit more recently.

Are there dayrooms at the airport, where one can have a safe, quiet sleep? If so, are they in both terminal buildings? If anyone has used them recently, what's the cost, and for how long can a person hire the rooms?

Thanks for up to date info.

Northern California
reviews: 57
1. Re: Dayrooms at NBO

I was hoping that someone from Nairobi would answer your question. I am 99% certain that there are no day rooms at NBO. The airport's facilities are not impressive. Nor are there hotels in the immediate airport grounds/environs. I found what looks like a new hotel a few kilometers away, and mentioned it to the people in Nairobi who handle my local arrangements. I got a negative response. I will find the name if you want to check it out.

Betsy Kimball

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
2. Re: Dayrooms at NBO

Thanks very much - I wondered if the info at sleepinginairports was accurate, and am still not sure. The information at the Kenyan Airports website isn't quite up to date either.

In any event, I've moved my flights around, so I can give a lengthy stay at the airport a miss - whew.

Still looking forward to visiting Kenya, though!

Northern California
reviews: 57
3. Re: Dayrooms at NBO

Good plan. Kenyatta is not an airport at which one would enjoy a lengthy stay.

My daughter and I have a moderately lengthy layover there in August, flying from Kigali to London. I view it is wasted time. Enjoy Kenya. It is a fascinating place.