We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey, England.
reviews: 1
Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Hi all,

Really need some advise, I've been in contact with Julius, who has been very good.

But my dilemma is we have a choice.

Either only doing Tsavo East and stay at Satao camp or we could do East and West stopping for lunch at Voi lodge and staying the night at Kilaguni serena lodge.

Would anybody have any advise on this.

My husband is staying behind with my 19th month old in Watamu and my son who is 9 and I are very lucky to get 2 day 1 night away.

We are use to backpacking holidays....so don't know wether Kilaguni would be quite un market (if anyone knows what i mean).

I would appreciate some advise before we go ahead and book.

Thanks

Romie

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Personally I would go for East and West so you can experience the difference between the two. I love Voi and you will not be disappointed by the views from there.

Jersey, England.
2. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Hi Jo,

Thanks for replying, i think to get the most out of it we will probably do that.

Do you know anything about Kilaguni Serena Lodge??

Thanks Again

Romie

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Definitely stick to Tsavo East. You'll spend the entire trip driving otherwise, and Satao is magical, and far more immersive and authentic than Kilaguni. Even if Kilaguni does have a nice view, it's still a big hotel in the bush, whereas at Satao you'll be surrounded by wildlife *in the camp*. When we were there in April, the local bull giraffe (he spend quite a bit of time in camp, I think) strolled right between me and my teenage kids as we were taking photos of the impala fawns outside the tent.

Lots of fun!…

Richard

Jersey, England.
4. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Richard,

Thanks for your take on this, it is very difficult when really two days one night is not a long time...i don't want to be stuck in a van for ages. And my son really would like a camp, he is an adventurous boy.

What you said with regards to Satao and Kilaguni is exactly what i wanted to hear, when i looked on line...Kilaguni was just too formal for me and a little large (if you know what i mean), i want Samuel to experience the wildlife in a camp.

Thanks for your help!!

Romie

Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

We went with Julius last year for our 3 days/2 nights in Tsavo East and West. He will give you a great safari, whichever option you choose.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 9
6. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Please remember that when going on safari nothing is guaranteed. Last time I was in Tsavo I saw very very little yet the first time I went I saw nearly everything! On both occasions I stayed at Voi.

If your hubby wouldn't mind and you could stretch the budget slightly then a 3 day 2 night would be fantastic as the trip up to Tsavo is a couple of hours.

Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

Hi,

Kilaguni serena is a five star level hotel so go ahead for it,there is no regrets for that.

8. Re: Safari with JT safaris.....Help me choose...x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 21, 2013