We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Restaurants

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
xxx
reviews: 1
Nairobi Restaurants

Anyone know of any good and cheap restaurants in Nairobi? The trip advisor listing doesn't seem very helpful. It seems most restaurants in Nairobi are very expensive. I have been to Diamond Plaza food court which was not bad. Also went to Hashmi's and Artcaffe which was good, but am hoping can find something cheaper than that. Any suggestions?

Edited: 5:21 am, August 30, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

Perhaps, you might to re-phrase that "good value for money" instead of "Good and Cheap".

Consider:

1. BBQ Tonite - over 30 dishes, all you can eat buufet for KES 1200

http://www.facebook.com/bbqtonightkenya

2. Fogo Gaucho - Buffet lunch for KES 800/1200

3. Ashiana (Apic Centre) - Great indian food + pizzas

4. Burger Hut

All of above in Westlands.

Stef .

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
2. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

Have a look at www.eatout.co.ke

Most restaurants that have an online presence won't be "cheap". There are many nyama choma joints around Nairobi, as well as local restaurants. Have you talked to any of your colleagues?

xxx
3. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

Thanks Stef.

roadwarrior, I know that many restaurants with an online presence won't be cheap although some can be reasonable, which is why I ask on the forum..to get opinions from people as opposed to checking a restaurant website.

xxx
4. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

Roadwarrior, thanks i've checked out eat out.

xxx
5. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

We went to BBQ Tonight which was good food and nice restaurant overall. We also tried out some cheaper bbq places in parklands and wetlands which were good. Still exploring..

6. Re: Nairobi Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 02, 2013