We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 13
Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

I'll be in Nairobi for a conference in a couple of weeks, in the CBD. I'm looking for a place that can host 15-20pax for Ksh. 850-1300/plate and have drinks available. Preferably within easy walking distance of the Sarova Stanley and Six Eighty hotels. A nice casual atmosphere that's quiet enough to have some good conversation, but not so quiet that our conversation will disturb others'.

Any suggestions are welcome, especially if you can point me to a menu. ;)

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 147
1. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

Hi Jim. I use this website quite a bit - www.eatout.co.ke. Please go to the following page: eatout.co.ke/Restaurants-Bars-in-CBD-Town-Na…

Also have a look at Trattoria Restaurant - http://www.trattoria.online.co.ke/ Full menu at (online.co.ke/eatout/…chefsmenu.pdf)

Hope that helps.

RWA

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

I'm a regular client to all of below. I highly recommend them for exquisite food & dining area.

Trattoria (Italian) ; Knowloon Garden (Chinese) ; Stavrose (Anglo - Indian)

Austin, Texas
reviews: 13
3. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

Thanks, RWA. Specifically looking for something non-touristy. Trattoria fit the bill?

Blessings,

Jim Bob

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
4. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

Trattoria - Local business folks, ex-pats, very few tourist-types. My first meal there was 1995 and have been back 11 times - will go back again next month. Place is the same as 1995; the food is good and reasonable I think. I love the place.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
5. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

May I add also- they might seat you upstairs with that large of a group. I'd check it out first and then make reservations for the night you desire.

6. Re: Need suggestions for Friday night dinner party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2013