We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel location?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Hotel location?

Hi there,

I am flying into NBO on oct 28, sunday arriving at 2:30pm.

My desire is to go to the Sheldwick at 5pm and then to a hotel near Wilson for an early departure the next morning.

Any hotel suggestions for 2 women travelers? Looking in the $175-225 price range since we will be tired and dont need a lot of amenities.

Is this plan realistic?

I didnt think there would be too much traffic on sunday but dont know how long customs will take. Might we have time to kill between NBO and elephants? Suggestions..

Thanks so much for your help.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel location?

As far as i know, Sheldrick is open to the public from 11 am to 12 pm (1 hr)

Have a look @ Macushla Hse in Karen

http://www.macushla.biz/

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Hotel location?

If you sponsor an elephant, you can also go from 5-6pm. If Macushla has space, is this the best location to get to Wilson airport?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: Hotel location?

Wilson/Sheldrick is in Langata. Karen is next town after Langata.

B'4 going to Sheldrick, you might want to go to KWS Animal Orphanage & Safari walk, Giraffe Centre (for an hour or 2).

kws.org/parks/…nairobi_safariwalk.html

africanspicesafaris.com/giraffe_centre_karen…

Other nice hotels in Karen:

www.karenblixencoffeegarden.com/about_us.html

http://www.houseofwaine.com/main.htm

The hotels i'm recommending are a short driving distance to Wilson.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 143
4. Re: Hotel location?

Katt, Karen is the next suburb from Langatta, and not town as suggested above.

At Wilson airport, you can also stay at the Aero Club - http://www.aeroclubea.com/facilities.htm

If you land at 2.30 pm, you should expect to be in a taxi by 3.30, lastest 4.00 pm. On a Sunday it will take between 40 - 60 minutes to get the Sheldricks. Allow an hour there, and then head to your hotel.

What time is your flight the next morning from Wilson?

RWA

nyc
5. Re: Hotel location?

While Sunday traffic is light in the morning, by afternoon it can get almost as bad as mid-week. So as RWA mentions, on arrival, clearing Immigration/collect bags and head direct to Sheldrick where the adopted chubbies are available from 5pm. If you are making good time from the airport to the suburb of Karen, you might want to stop the Giraffe Center (close enough to Sheldrick), first.

Macushla House is in Karen and at a good price, ideal for anyone, but women seem to like even more. In a similar price range is the Fairview Hotel or their slightly lower priced Country Lodge on the same grounds. Both can be equal distance (time-wise) to Wilson for flight next morning. Unless as mentioned above you choose to stay at the Aero Club which is at Wilson.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
6. Re: Hotel location?

The Aero Club at Wilson was highly recommended on another post for people flying out early from Wilson. See post 4.

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
7. Re: Hotel location?

We're staying at the Aero Club in 3 weeks time. Earlier this year I met someone In South Africa who had stayed there & he said it is absolutely fantastic. The manager has been very cooperative while arranging the booking & it's only a 5 minute walk from the Safarilink check in.

Los Angeles...
8. Re: Hotel location?

Just ran across a place on Expedia called, The Headquarters Inn, on

Langata Road. There are no reviews. Is this a new hotel? Has anyone heard of it?

Edited: 2:08 am, August 22, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: Hotel location?

Also consider Makoyeti Resort in Langata, opened recently.

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Los Angeles...
10. Re: Hotel location?

Makoyeti Resort is sold out... any one heard of

The Headquarters Inn?