We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this price sound right?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Does this price sound right?

Just got a quote for an add on trip that I am taking the end of october 2012 from Born Free Travel and wonder if it is high. It feels high to me but maybe I am missing something. It is $2235 each X 2. It is inclusive of fees, transfers, and air from wilson. It is at the Samburu Elephant Bedroom for 3 nights. Anyone have suggestions on this? Thanks for your support.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,074 posts
53 reviews
21. Re: Does this price sound right?

Not unless you think you are going to need some peacekeepers ヅ

I presume you mean KATO, word of mouth and personal recommendation is probably the best option, but at least if your operator is a member of KATO, it does mean they are a properly, legally registered and incorporated business, it also gives you access to a grievance 'champion' and procedure in the country if something goes wrong

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
22. Re: Does this price sound right?

The Associations in Kenya are KALTO and KATO and not NATO.

It is not mandatory to be part of these associations and you will find good tour companies who are not party to them. You can as well get disappointed by an association member. So this is not a very important determining factor. First hand information from tavelers will be more reliable.

23. Re: Does this price sound right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013