We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Bella Suites

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
6 reviews
Casa Bella Suites

I've never heard of this place, and yet it's #1 of 60 "Speciality lodgings in Nairobi"…

Has anyone I know actually stayed there, or knows anyone who has?

Richard

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,082 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Casa Bella Suites

Richard,

Looks like the UN recommends it to its visitors, lots of the reviews mention the UN, it also looks like the place actively encourages people to write reviews, I've never seen so many single review reviewers - though one with 3 reviews has reviewed it twice ヅ

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Casa Bella Suites

It's in "upmarket" Gigiri area, where Village Market & Tribe Hotel is.

Judging by the website, seems like a suave place to stay.

http://casabellagigiri.com/index.html

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Casa Bella Suites

Thanks both. UN very much, but the one-shot wonders was what caught my attention too, Doff!

You've got to feel for good, honest, independent property-owners watching their rankings. The average first-time prospective visitor to Nairobi would get a very odd impression from this #1.

Richard

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
367 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Casa Bella Suites

i have actually been to this place a few times, as i had a friend renting the studio apartment.

this together with the cottages was part of the initial set-up but now i see the guest house has been completed and ..... the website too!

infact the owner once upon a time asked me how he could get onto TA and i advised him accordingly.

its a very beautiful property - high up on the hill with stunning views of the coffee plantations!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
33,519 posts
242 reviews
5. Re: Casa Bella Suites

It merely demonstrates what value you can now put on "reviews and ratings."

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Casa Bella Suites

Does this mean, then, that my 64 reviews were all for nothing..... :-(

7. Re: Casa Bella Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 21, 2013