We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hertfordshire
reviews: 16
UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

My daughter will be flying to nairobi on the BA flight which lands at 9 pm and her flight on to Nanyuki (going from Wilson Airport) does not fly out until the following morning at 9.15 am. Can anyone recommend a safe hotel preferrably close to Wilson Airport that is safe and reasonably priced for a single young lady travelling alone - perhaps a hotel that would arrange her collection from JOMO airport and the transfer the following am to Wilson Airport? HELP?!

Australia
reviews: 15
21. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

The aeroclub asked us to do that to, and we were not comfortable to do that (the risk is probably very small, but I'm not comfortable with the level of security on un-encrypted emails).

We opted instead to do a bank transfer - the aeroclub provided us with their bank details, and it went pretty smoothly. Depending on your bank, there may be fees involved (there were for us) but they weren't unreasonably high. We had a small amount extra to pay when we arrived, because of fluctuating exchange rates, but it was tiny.

As to our internal flights, we booked with Safarilink, and they provided for direct credit card payments through an encrypted site (a bit like Paypay, - can't remember the name off the top of my head) - went very smoothly.

Have a great trip!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
22. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

"My only concern is that they want me to scan and copy my credit card front and back and email to them for the payment? Is this normal procedure?

Having said that I had to scan my card for the internal flight for AirKenya and send to them to confirm payment.

Any comments?"

1. Yes, that's normal procedure but if you're not comfortable with it then ask them for bank details for a bank transfer;

2. No problem. AirKenya is probably the best scheduled operator within Kenya; I would have no concerns with this. Ultimately, security is always a worry with regard to any payment made remotely but we don't yet have decent systems in place here in Kenya with regard to online payments, particularly from abroad, with most things here. Where possible, paying by bank transfer is your best bet.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
23. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Recently we have had some transfers by Moneygram which have worked well. You need the name and ID number of the person who will collect it.

Nairobi
24. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Hi, would like to visit equator - day trip from nairobi to nanyuki.....please advise what would be the appropriate taxi fare......

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
25. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Between Kshs 10,000 - 12,000.

Nairobi
26. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

ok, thanks

27. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 05, 2014