We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hertfordshire
reviews: 23
UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

My daughter will be flying to nairobi on the BA flight which lands at 9 pm and her flight on to Nanyuki (going from Wilson Airport) does not fly out until the following morning at 9.15 am. Can anyone recommend a safe hotel preferrably close to Wilson Airport that is safe and reasonably priced for a single young lady travelling alone - perhaps a hotel that would arrange her collection from JOMO airport and the transfer the following am to Wilson Airport? HELP?!

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
1. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Yes, what about the Aero Club at Wilson itself?

http://www.aeroclubea.com/facilities.htm

Richard

hertfordshire
2. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Have you stayed there yourself? thanks

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 243
3. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

I used Wildebeeste last year.

Comfortable place. Not expensive and a personal "Meet and greet" at the airport.

www.wildebeesttravels.com

wildebeesttravels.com/http/accommodation/ken…

Recommended.

Edited: 12:23 pm, August 02, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
4. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

No, I was going to in June, but didn't get the chance. Safe and old-school I'm told - and affordable.

Richard

nyc
5. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

I'd also suggest AeroClub at Wilson.

Wildebeest as mfuwe mentions is another.

Maybe Macushla House in Karen (burb of Nairobi), small w/ 6/rooms only... many single women choose this one.

Or, the Country Lodge the lower priced property on the same grounds as Fairview Hotel which gets great reviews.

You've got a few above to investigate. Good luck!

Australia
reviews: 15
6. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Hi - we stayed at the Aero Club last month - a quick and uneventful taxi trip from JomoKenyatta airport to Wilson (the aeroclub is co-located within the airport precinct.). We noticed a night watchman near the entrance.

Our room was clean and affordable, and although it was probably due for a bit of refurbishment, the bed was very comfortable.

The club itself was not very busy, and the meals (dinner and breakfast) while unremarkable, were ample and delicious. Couldn't fault the service. A few tuskers in the garden after we arrived went down very well.

For our departure, the chap at reception (I think his name was Felix??) rang through to Safarilink to get them to come and pick us up for our 8 am flight (to Lewa Downs).

The main attraction for us was the proximity to Wilson, with a focus on an easy connection with Safarilink. Worked very well, and we are planning to stay there again when we return next year.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 156
7. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

I'd Aeroclub as well. At night from JKIA to Wilson will take no more then 20 minutes. In the morning less then 2 minutes.

hertfordshire
8. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

Thanks everyone - so it is safe to arrange a car through the hotels to collect a passenger from the airport? Perhaps I am worrying for no reason - just a few people have said it is dangerous for a young single girls at night around nairobi?

I have not used the forum to-date and its so helpful - thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Also regarding malaria tablets etc - my daughter is staying up near Timau/Nanyuki which is too high - I understand - for mozzies - what about Nairobi for one night - does she still need to take them? Any views?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 156
9. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

It is very safe for the hotels to provide the transfer. Nairobi is like any large city - there are areas that you do not go to. I doubt your daughter will be going out at all. Just from JKIA to hotel to Wilson.

For the one night in Nairobi, she should use a mosquito repellent on herself, and she should be fine.

Good luck.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
10. Re: UK - Nairobi - Nanyuki - overnight stop in Nairobi - help??

"Also regarding malaria tablets etc - my daughter is staying up near Timau/Nanyuki which is too high - I understand - for mozzies - what about Nairobi for one night - does she still need to take them? Any views?"

Regardless of altitude, your daughter is staying in a malarial country so yes, she should take them throughout her stay here.