We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 92
Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

Has anyone taken a flight on Emirates (LAX) to Kenya? I've been searching for flights to Kenya, and they seem to have the lowest fare right now, but there is a 15 hr layover in Dubai. Do they provide accommodations due to the layover? I was wondering because I have friends who take Emirates to South Africa, and they said that the airlines provides a hotel stay for the layover.

I would also like suggestions for airlines with best prices to Kenya from the US.

Should I book early, or wait until after the summer to see if fares are reduced? I plan on going in October.

Parksville, Canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

I find the following site the best for flight cost information. It's the most frequently suggested site on TA airline forum. Also, as is suggested there it's better to book directly with the airline rather than use third party sites. As suggested also, book when the fare is one you're happy with. It's a mugs game to wait and see if there will be a sale on unless you are a bit of a gambler.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

nyc
2. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

I've flowm Emirates out of JFK and find when I do it's because they're offering the best fares. But admit those 13/hrs are a killer :-) Fortunately though, my connections have only been 2-3/hrs.

As to whether with your 15/hr layover, Emirates provides hotels... best you ask them direct rather than a discounter/wholesalers (probably has no idea)... you often get the same price.

And, as to the fare... as rick133, when you see what you wish to pay and as October is really near, I'd book as soon as; rare the price will go down and if it does, maybe only $25. Not worth and angst!

Garden Grove...
reviews: 35
3. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

September I am flying from Lax to Nairobi with a 15 hour layover in Dubai. I originally had a 3 hour layover but they recently changed the flight schedule. You will qualify for Emirates Long Stop-over service- which provides a hotel room near the airport, meals at the hotel, shuttle service & transit visa. This is free for flights with at least an 8 hour layover and less than 24 hours. emirates.com/english/…long_stopovers.aspx

I would book soon, since the fares tend to stay the same or go up within a couple months of departure. I booked mine last March for $1750. A few weeks later the fare went down to $1350. I canceled the booking, paid a $200 penalty and rebooked the same flight for $1350- saving $200.

Emirates is an excellent airline- they have great service, a nearly flawless safety record, one of the youngest fleets and the best airline food in my opinion.

Luanda, Angola
reviews: 33
4. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

I took advantage of Emirates long stop over policy, more than 8 hours, in February and was so impressed! We flew business class and the hotels are different for economy, but we were given meal vouchers for breakfast, lunch and dinner and free shuttle service. I wouldn't hesitate to fly Emirates again.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 92
5. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

Thanks so much for all of your input. Although it will take 36 hours from LAX (including stopover) to get to Nairobi, the break in flight time will be a welcomed change over sitting for 15+ hours at one time.

I also like the fact that Emirates in part of the One Alliance group, and that I can get Frequent Flyer points for my trip to Nairobi.

I will follow above advice and book ASAP.

6. Re: Emirates Airline from US to Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 08, 2013