We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist visa for kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
tourist visa for kenya

Has any Canadian recently got a tourist visa at the airport in Nairobi,Kenya? Did it go smoothly? It seems like a lot of effort to get it beforehand in Canada.

nyc
1. Re: tourist visa for kenya

Though a US Passport holder, it's the same for Canadians... easy enough to purchase Visa on arrival. There's no reason to do so before departure.

canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: tourist visa for kenya

A few years ago I got mine through a passport service. I was nervous being my first time. It was scary sending your passport away, but the expense was the worst part - very expensive.

We are going again in September and will be getting upon arrival for sure!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: tourist visa for kenya

It is really easy for all nationalities. Don't worry, and enjoy your time in Kenya.

San Francisco...
reviews: 100
4. Re: tourist visa for kenya

(Although a US passport holder) We got our upon arrival. Other than waiting in line, it was painless. We arrived late at night and had to wait about 15 minutes in line to get our visa and get our passport stamped. Our luggage was still not at baggage claim when we were done getting our visa. So, I would say the wait is not too long.

Hudson, Ohio
reviews: 48
5. Re: tourist visa for kenya

we are also Americans and traveled to Kenya in October, 2011. We walked up to the window, paid our money and received our visa. The people of many citizenships on our flight from Zurich and they all had the same experience. Buy it when you arrive.

6. Re: tourist visa for kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 13, 2013