We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 2
transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

Is there shuttle or bus service to Arusha,Tanzania From Nairobi? If so what is the quality and cost of the service.Plane cost to Nairobi about $500 less than Arusha.

Thanks

Hoho1128

Winchester, United...
reviews: 27
1. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

You can go from Nairobi to Arusha for $25 one way, I have done it loads of times. If you google (bus shuttles Nairobi to Arusha) you will see loads of companies.

I have been with Riverside, East Africa Shuttles, Luxury Shuttles.

Miami Beach, Florida
2. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

Princess001

Thanks my friend will check them out. Wasn't sure about equipment used but found one with nice buses.That was my real concern.

Thanks

Hoho1128

Winchester, United...
3. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

I would not go by the pictures of the buses on the internet! The buses I have been on were all the same standard. I would try and make sure you get the proper seats not the seat that fold down in the aisle as they are a little uncomfortable.

Miami Beach, Florida
4. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

princess001

Checked luxury found a number of them.I'll check the other two.We don't tip bus drivers is that proper in Kenya?

Thanks

Hoho1128

Winchester, United...
5. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

they normally have a little box or tin by the door when you leave.

I would make sure you have a pen ready for the border so you can fill in the forms for your visa and make sure you have new $ for the payment.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
6. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

It's $30 now but great fun.

Avoid sitting over the axles. Watch out for wildlife as you cross Amboseli.

7. Re: transportation to Arusha from Nairobi ground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, July 17, 2013