We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, Oregon
reviews: 17
Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

HI

Thanks for the posts about Wildebeest camp. Now a few more questions. Do you take a taxi there from the Nairobi airport or do they have a driver? We fly in at 8:15 in the evening. How long a drive and what should we expect to pay for a taxi (or driver)? Do they have any shuttles or ways to get you to Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Park, market, etc. Do they book any Safaris from Wildebeest camp that we could do that first week we fly in?

We have booked 2 Safaris with Wildlife Kenya Safaris- a 4 Day Flamingo Trail Safari (Masai Mara, and Lake Nakuru) and 4 day Ngorongoro Safari. Do to a change in our flights (leaving a week earlier from the US so that we can get back to the states a week earlier)- our Safaris do not start for a week after we get there. I will be so anxious to get out and see the animals- waiting a week is going to be difficult.

What would you suggest?

Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Courtney

Downingtown...
reviews: 91
1. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

You have not given us much information.

Contact the safari company and ask them to change the dates? Or ask them to add another safari.

Dartford, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

Sorry not to get back to you before now, desperately trying to get myself organised for my flight to Kenya tomorrow - and quickly running out of time!

Have a look at the Wildebeest Camp's website:

wildebeestcamp.com/http/…index.html

It doesn't seem to have been updated with all their new details but they did, and presume still do, offer excursions/safaris. I would also speak to them direct about arranging transport from the airport, even our friend who is a driver based in Nairobi wasn't able to find the road they are located in so we had to stop and ask. Then, when we found the road, we couldn't find the camp as it wasn't signposted, luckily I'd had the foresight to keep their telephone number on my phone so we could get directions. My betting, therefore, is if you got a cab from JKIA they wouldn't be able to find it either!

Difficult to say how long it would taketo get there , it was over 2 hours in horrendous traffic on a Saturday afternoon but only about half an hour, if that, back to JKIA at 5am on Sunday morning when there was no traffic.

kenya
3. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

The best choice is to call them when you get to Bomas of Kenya and then they give you direction,there are no sign to the new place and this makes hard for most of travelers to get there.We also got lost.

LA
reviews: 4
4. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

when you get to Nairobi you need to get yourself situated and rested - get to your appropriate hotel or camp where things are safe. then settle down and get a good nights sleep. the next day you can make all kinds of arrangements - if you've got a spare week. You can always take a taxi over to Karen to go and see the Giraffe Center - which is really nice place. There's nothing stopping you from doing a couple of days in Nairobi Park. Or you can book a flight and go over to one of the beach locations on the Indian Ocean. All very nice. All this can be done pretty easily once you get to Nai. Your best bet is to calm down ... and go and have a good time!

Edited: 9:51 am, June 22, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
5. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

The new location of Wildebeest camp is in Langata, 1.5km up Mokoyeti Road West. It's on the left, #151, with a signboard saying "GEISS".

Mokoyeti Road West is exactly 1km west of Nakumatt Galleria, along Langata Rd (it's a right turning, ie north).

But I'm sure like Mwingereza says they'd send a cab to meet you at the airport (check the price for that when you request it). If you get a cab from the airport yourself, then just ask for it to take you to Galleria, which they all know, and should cost under Ksh2000, then add Ksh300 to the fare.

Richard

Edited: 2:00 pm, June 22, 2012
6. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, July 04, 2012
7. Re: Wildebeest camp- I have a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 pm, July 09, 2013