We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
Taxis

I need to travel everyday from Rhapta road in Nairobi to the Village Market and back again. Taxis are too expensive, any suggestions re car share or anyone who might do this who is not a taxi company?

LA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Taxis

Taxis will definitely hit you up for a lot of money when they see you are a westerner. You can use the trick of asking a local Kenyan to barter with the taxi driver first- that knocks down the price. You could use a matatu, but I would not suggest doing that if you are a visitor. Otherwise if you want to ride share ... got to work that out with locals there. best of luck.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: Taxis

I'm sending you a PM.

Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: Taxis

Taxis in Nairobi can be unpredictable at best, and downright dangerous and a rip-off at worst. I can't recommend this guy enough, he is honest and reliable and you will be safe. The UN use him as a contracted driver and he drove me all over Nairobi for a week:

Joseph Kamau

+729 382 512

travelsmart.joseph3@gmail.com

4. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, February 15, 2013
5. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 17, 2014