We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African Spice Experience?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vaucluse, Australia
reviews: 117
African Spice Experience?

Hi! Has anyone out there travelled with African Spice Safaris and can give me some feedback? Many thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
1. Re: African Spice Experience?

Hello - did you ever receive any feedback on this? Have you booked with African Spice? I'm considering booking a safari with them but was hoping for some additional feedback before doing so!

Thanks!

Vaucluse, Australia
reviews: 117
2. Re: African Spice Experience?

Yes, I did book with them, a private tour from Nairobi to Lake Nakuru, 3 days/2 nights for $850, staying at Lion Hill Lodge. I had my own safari van and giude/driver and everything worked out fine. The only problem was that while email contact was excellent before I left Australia all my emails sent from "on the way" including within Kenya bounced back, so that at first I thought I had been had. In the end I contacted Lion Hill Lodge to ask whether they had a booking for me, and they had, and passed my email on to African Spice who emailed me and assured me that everything was fine. But my reply to that email bounced back also, and I wasn't really convinced my trip was going to happen until the driver picked me up. So that part was quite frustrating. I think you do need quite a bit of faith when booking with any local operators, and it's probably best to have a contingency plan.

Salinas, California
reviews: 1
3. Re: African Spice Experience?

Hello,

I have been fortunate to travel to Africa many times doing medical aid work. It was during one of these trips that I met Patrick Masila and the very special staff of African Spice Safaris.

After meeting Patrick and his team, a friend and I made arrangements for an 18 day safari through Kenya and Tanzania. It was an unbelievable experience! Everything that we needed was taken care of, all of the accomodations exceded our expectations, we felt pampered and safe- and we traveled as friends with our guides and drivers.

The aid group that I travel with would not consider anyone else to make our arrangements for travel in Africa. I can recommend African Spice Safaris to you without reservation.

The hardest part of your trip will be saying good-bye to the "Spice" staff.

Our group will be traveling to Uganda and Kenya to complete a water project and deliver medical supplies- leaving San Francisco September 15, 2012. All of our arrangements are being made by Patrick and his staff- we wouldn't travel any other way.

Susan Healy

I have traveled with other companies, but I always remind my friends that are planning a safari that there is only one way to see East Africa , and that is with Patrick and the staff of African Spice Safaris . These special people love Africa -and it shows in the tremendous respect and knowledge they have regarding their land and her people.

Asante Sana Patrick, Ann, Hillary, Michelle, Charles, Jackson and all of the staff and associates of African Spice Safaris!

Asante Sana to you all for your warm hospitality and your friendship.

Until we meet again, kwaheri Sana,

Orrville, Ohio
reviews: 14
4. Re: African Spice Experience?

African Spice Safaris was all it said it would be. Six of us went in December 2012. We visited Amboseli and stayed at Amboseli Sopa Lodge. We loved it! Highlights were the rooms in round 'grass' roofed rooms, wonderful food, seeing the Elephant groups, tons of other animals and visiting the Maasai village...all with Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background. We also went to Tsavo West National Park. The animals weren't as close together but we saw a lion and lioness and a leopard. We stayed at the Rhino Lodge. More rustic but beautiful view! Built into the side of the mountain, it had an incredible view of the valley and two watering holes below. Worth every penny. Picked us up and returned us to Nairobi, so very easy. Wonderful guide!

Honolulu
5. Re: African Spice Experience?

Yes, we just finished a 4 night-5 day safari with African Spice, and the experience was fantastic. Our car was comfie, the accommodations bordered on posh, and the food was delicious. Our driver kept us very safe and made sure we saw all the animals we could, and he was very knowledgeable about the wildlife. I was especially impressive with the frequent and considerate communication with the administrative staff. My bank made an error with the money transfer to pay for the trip, and the staff helped sort it all out for us. I highly recommend African Spice, and I would travel with them again if ever in Kenya.

Hartford...
6. Re: African Spice Experience?

This sounds like a great experience. Was the price per person or total.

Hyderabad, India
reviews: 1
7. Re: African Spice Experience?

African Spice Safaris was wonderful! I booked through them a room in Nyahururu, and a private driver to and from there. They were EXTREMELY professional, and did everything as they said they would. Thumbs-up!

8. Re: African Spice Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2014