We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
reviews: 37
East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

I saw some older posts on this company for people to book train tickets through, but no information as far as if they are a trustworthy company to use to book hotels in Nairobi and also shuttles from Nairobi to Arusha (they use Riverside) through. They sent me an invoice to prepay for the shuttle through pesapal. Just wondering if anyone else has booked through them before and if they are reputable. They claimed to be a member of KATO but I do not see them listed on there.

Here's there website: http://www.eastafricashuttles.com/

12 replies to this topic
Columbia, Maryland
reviews: 1
11. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

I took a chance and booked with East Africa Safaris site unseen because they seemed to be well regarded and would accept credit cards if I booked ahead of time (I could have paid in cash on arrival). I kept in touch with the manager Chris who promptly answered my e-mail queries. Everything that I requested came to pass and there were no problems with anything. All of the drivers arrived on time and the tours without exception were wonderful. I booked three safaris with them for my wife and myself: A trip to Amboseli, a trip to Lake Nakuru and an overnight trip to Sweetwater's Tented Camp on the equator. In addition we booked a half day city tour and an evening dinner at the Carnivore Restaurant. Compared to other safari outfits, I thought that their prices were very reasonable, but East Africa is not cheap for older tourists. I will gladly use them again if I am fortunate enough to return to Kenya.

Nairobi, Kenya
12. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

It was a bad experience ordering a trip from East Africa Shuttles and Safaris. I ordered through website and email (answered by Paul) for a half day trip to Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Center, and Nairobi Park on August 4th. Each time I emailed them, they replied one day later. On Saturday, August 3rd, I emailed them again asking confirmation what time they will pick me up for the trip. NO REPLY. I called their number, and it was picked up by a guy but after a few words, he left me without answer for more than one minute. I emailed the again, and it was answered (by Chris) saying "I will call. but we will"...

Yesterday, August 4th, I was waiting a half day for their promise, but no car showed up to pick me up. I didn't lose any money, but I lost my time and my energy dealing with this unprofessional company! Strongly NOT RECOMMENDED.

Reply to: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted