We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
reviews: 36
East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

I saw some older posts on this company for people to book train tickets through, but no information as far as if they are a trustworthy company to use to book hotels in Nairobi and also shuttles from Nairobi to Arusha (they use Riverside) through. They sent me an invoice to prepay for the shuttle through pesapal. Just wondering if anyone else has booked through them before and if they are reputable. They claimed to be a member of KATO but I do not see them listed on there.

Here's there website: http://www.eastafricashuttles.com/

Kampala
reviews: 14
1. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

Why do they have to lie to you that they are member of KATO yet they are not.

I would advise you to use a straight forward and honest company.

nyc
2. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

While working with a KATO member is preferable, know that there are many reputable outfitters who are not.

Still, to lie about membership is unacceptable.

Fredericksburg...
3. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

I think they used to be a member of KATO from older posts about the company, but when I went on the KATO website to search for them, their company is no longer listed. In any event, I was just wondering if anyone has had any recent dealings with them so I don't feel like a complete fool for booking anything with them.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
4. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

If they can lie about such a simple thing I would be concerned at what else they are lieing about.

Why use them for Riverside Shuttle when you can book it yourself?

Fredericksburg...
5. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

well their price is $10 cheaper than on the Riverside site and also, they have a one-stop shop setup where you can book your hotel and airport transfer all on the same site. Figured might as well do all at the same place.

Fredericksburg...
6. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

UPDATE:

The good news is that East African Shuttles and Safaris is NOW listed on the KATO website as of today. Looks like they just updated their member list.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
7. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

So there you go.

London
reviews: 49
8. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

Just so you know, KATO are notorious with leaving smaller members off their list... this is sometimes in error, other times, it could be down to late payment of the membership fee etc.

I've experience this a number of times before. More often than not, if a company claims to be a member of KATO, they are. The membership fee's are not really very high so even smaller operators will sign up.

Sydney
reviews: 86
9. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

I recently used East African Shuttles and Safaris for a transfer from Nairobi to Sweetwaters and back. It cost $300, which I thought a bit pricey, but I got there and was also picked up again, although I had to pre-pay the driver. East African Shuttles also organised accommodation at Sweetwaters for me and got me a much better rate than the Camp's own website's internet special. So it worked out fine for me, and I don't see why other travellers couldn't use the services of East African Shuttles, too. It took me a while to find someone who would just do transfers, because most operators want to sell you a safari, which is fine if you don't mind going on game drives morning, day and night for several days. But if you want to relax a bit in between you can just book a hotel and then book game drives while you are there. Just check with the hotel/camp first that they do their own game drives. It was no problem for me at Sweetwaters nor at Mara Serena, but I think it might have been a bit more tricky at Lake Nakuru's Lion Hill Lodge. However, I had booked a 3-day safari there ex Nairobi, so had my own driver/guide all the time. Cost was $850 including park entry fees ($80/night), which I thought pretty reasonable for a solo traveller. I booked this with African Spice Safaris.

Fredericksburg...
10. Re: East Africa Shuttles and Safaris

Okay I am back and here's the deal. If I had to do it over again, I would not bother with East Africa Shuttles for booking your hotel and transfers in Nairobi. Not necessary and they almost just make the whole process more confusing. I prepaid my hotel, transfer from the airport to Nairobi and shuttle to Arusha. My fiance left a few weeks before I did but did not prepay although we did prebook with them. They did not meet him at the airport so he just took a taxi. The prices are the same whether you go through them or go direct so you aren't really saving much. When my fiance saw Chris from East Africa Shuttles when he went to meet his shuttle to Arusha, he informed him that he simply forgot to schedule his airport pick up. In any event, they did actually book him on the Riverside Shuttle. I prepaid and was originally put on a Riverside shuttle bus only to be told that was a mistake and I needed to go on this other shuttle bus. It was marked as Rainbow Shuttles. I have no idea if they are affiliated or what but when we got to Arusha, they pulled into the Riverside Shuttles station stop. Even so, I didn't have to pay anything additional so my assumption is that they are affiliated. Bottom line, they aren't necessary for your booking needs for easy in and out of Nairobi. You can just do stuff yourself.