We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, WI
reviews: 13
hotel in Nairobi

Hello,

My family (2 adults and 3 teen children) will be in Nairobi for 2 nights before traveling to Tanzania for safari. While in Nairobi we'll be visiting the Sheldrick elephant orphanage and the Giraffe Center. We're looking for lodging recommendations - reasonably priced and, of course, secure. Any thoughts?

Durham
reviews: 23
1. Re: hotel in Nairobi

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Westlands an old colonial hotel great hotel and beautiful grounds very safe

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
2. Re: hotel in Nairobi

I would recommend staying @ Langata/Karen area due to close proximity to Sheldrick & Giraffe Centre.

Have a look @:

Makoyeti

http://www.nairobimambavillage.com/

Karen Blixen Cottage

www.karenblixencoffeegarden.com/cottages.html

Sabina Country Inn

http://www.sabinacountryinn.co.ke/

Rock Hse Karen

mountainrockkenya.com/Rockhouse/index.html

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 16
3. Re: hotel in Nairobi

Hi, have a look at Macushla House, we were there last week and had a great time. Very reasonably priced and friendly staff. Within walking distance of the giraffe centre and approx 10 minutes drive from the elephants. Food is great, tea in bed in the morning as a matter of course, just tell them what time you want it. It is a small and cosy place and I thought it was delightful and would certainly stay there again.

We stayed at Karen Blixen Coffee Gardens last December. Excellent food both for breakfasts and dinner. Superb gardens. You stay in little cottages in the gardens so a great feeling of privacy, but be warned.....if it rains, it gets VERY noisy because of the traditional tin roofs! It is just up the road from the Karen Blixen museum, 10 minutes drive from the giraffes and 20 minutes drive from the elephants. Much more expensive than Macushla but a lovely experience.

Both places are reviewed on here so have a look. Have a wonderful time!

Oakland, CA
reviews: 179
4. Re: hotel in Nairobi

Holiday Inn Westlands is the old Mayfair (I stayed 41 yrs ago!) and it has its original name back now: Southern Sun Mayfair, And yes, as Durham Lass said, it is gorgeous, the grounds are beautiful!

nyc
5. Re: hotel in Nairobi

This original thread is from April!

Am sure OP found a hotel.

Oakland, CA
reviews: 179
6. Re: hotel in Nairobi

Gee Sandi thanks for pointing out the obvious and feeling it necessary to even comment without any contribution to the topic. SO WHAT?

The date of the OP's enquiry was NOT the point of the response. I for one use the "search" function here a lot, and learn things from older threads.

These threads are useful for FUTURE travelers and TA readers as well, and anyone searching for the Holiday Inn in Westlands won't find it listed that way currently, which is a shame, as it is as lovely as described by Durhamlass.

7. Re: hotel in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 31, 2013