We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnivore restaurant

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 30
Carnivore restaurant

Everyone is raving about this place and my carnivorous husband would like to go and eat all the dead things. I'm a vegetarian. Any chance of a potato or something if we go!!!!!!?

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 43
1. Re: Carnivore restaurant

Jambo,

the Carnivore Restaurant is also catering for Vegetarians. Just advise them when you

book

Enjoy the meal

copenhagen
reviews: 3
2. Re: Carnivore restaurant

Yes there is, they do really good vegetable soups too.

Northern California
reviews: 57
3. Re: Carnivore restaurant

I ate there last summer, and recall little of interest that was not meat. I seem to recall a plain lettuce salad and a small bit of soup. I am not much of a meat eater, and found the meat pretty disgusting. If we go back next summer when we are in Nairobi, I will eat elsewhere before we go.

In Nairobi, we did have some of the best Indian food I have ever had--kind of made up for Carnivores.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
4. Re: Carnivore restaurant

JP&mom,

Can you recommend some Indian restaurants in Nairobi? Thanks.

Northern California
5. Re: Carnivore restaurant

The Indian restaurant at which we ate (I mis-spoke, it was in 2004, not 2005) is Haandi. I knew we were in for a good meal when I saw that most of the diners were from the the Indian sub-continent. It was a week-night, but the place was packed.

Carmel, California
6. Re: Carnivore restaurant

Thanks for the recommendation.

Northern California
7. Re: Carnivore restaurant

If you eat there, please let me know how it is. We will have a couple of dinners in Nairobi this summer, and I will definitely go back to Haandi if it is still good.

Betsy Kimball

bkimball@boydkimball.com

Carmel, California
8. Re: Carnivore restaurant

OK, but if you're going this summer, you'll probably beat me to it. I won't be going back until maybe later in the year.

Northern California
9. Re: Carnivore restaurant

We are -- end of July. If we make it to Haandi, I will post a comment.

Nairobi
10. Re: Carnivore restaurant

well there are so many places you could go. but kenya since longtime ago has been a place where people eat meat. but there is a tribe called luhyia. they have very many different kinds of vegetables. you may have never known the taste. When you are in the restaurant you cana sk for this type of veges: managu, kunde, mrenda, mchicha, kanzera, pumpkin leaves eat this with ugali (maizemeal)

There is also some kikuyu foods called: githeri, mbosho, mataha eat this some soup or without. if break fat take it with tea without milk

ask the waiter about this. or ask the taxi driver to take you to a kenyan restaurant called kosewe. it is along kimathi street, almost next to nation house.

enjoj african dish

Gloria