We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing in NAirobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 30
Sightseeing in NAirobi

What is the best way to get around safely in NAirobi? We are there for 24 hours and would like to see the Sheldrick elephant orphanage,Giraffe Rescue Centre and the KAren Blixen museum. MAybe Bomas of Kenya if time.

Any advice please? Staying at NAirobi Serena-so quite central.

THanks

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

Have you booked a safari through a tour operator? If so, check with your tour operator to see if they can provide you with a vehicle and guide for the day and what the cost is.

Otherwise, you can inquire at the Serena. I'm sure they can provide you with a vehicle and driver. Or you can simply hire a taxi for the day.

2. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:46 pm, March 29, 2006
Nairobi
3. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

you can also go to the Kenya wildlife Service National park

Gloria

bukachi@yahoo.com

Carmel, California
4. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

Ignore the above solicitation. 25,000 shillings is an outrageous price to pay for a day of sightseeing around Nairobi.

Nairobi
5. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

this is the charges for sight seeing from tour and travel company which charges for everything. if you want cheap then yu can just ask for your budget then you will get a cheaper budget.

Gloria

Bukachi@yahoo.com

nairobi
6. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

i have been to thse places before, they are all in or near the city why pay much ,just ask the taxi guy to give you a full day charges and then tell him you plan, and rember to bargain

Nairobi
7. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

have you been to funzi island. there is a hotel there belonging to a swiss that charges kshs 40,000 per night and if you want cheap you can get to pay $10 dollars per day for very cheap accomodation along the kenyan coast. so i still say it depends on you budget. Kenya is a country that has people who are very rich and want to mingle with their class and so they are willing to pay. and that is true everywhere in the world.

Gloria

bukachi@yahoo.com

Carmel, California
8. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

I'm a person who is willing to pay up to $1000 per day on safari if it means I'm getting top quality guiding, location, and accomodation, and I'd still never pay anyone 25,000 shillings for a day trip around Nairobi. Most tour operators charge far, far less than that.

Carmel, California
9. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

My point is, there is nothing wrong with paying a high price when it is a fair price but there is something wrong with paying a high price when is a complete rip off.

Nairobi
10. Re: Sightseeing in NAirobi

well that is you and all others who have the budget as yours. there is indeed nothing wrong in which group you fall. i already got clients for that budget. becuase you will have the little things that is a miss when you take a taxi driver to take you around. you will have a tour guide who will educate you on any place you pass. they have the know how and everything you need and you will see more and learn alot. i and freinds one day decided to drive ourselves from ngulia to kilanguni at night because we thought we knew kenya since we are kenyans. we got lost in the tracks for almost an hour. then our car almost overturned twice becuase it had rained earleir and it was very muddy. also we had passed a family of lions sometimes earlier. Then our car got stuck causing the driver to kick us out so that we can push the car out of the mud. we had to do that in the middle od the night in the lion manifested tsavo praying that no lion or cheateh or hyena comes to eat us. thank God we made to the Kilanguni. so if you want cheap you get cheap. just say i never told you. you may pick a taxi driver but which comapany is he stationed? does it do tours? do you trust him in the places when you are carrying your money, passport?

Ps the charges is for 2 persons for the whole day.

Gloria

bukachi@yahoo.com