We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi service

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 30
Taxi service

Hi

I'm arriving at the airport and need a taxi to my hotel. Can anyone recommend a firm or should I just queue in the taxi rank. Any advice on prices?

22 replies to this topic
11. Re: Taxi service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, October 04, 2012

NAIROBI
12. Re: Taxi service

yes you can by usd.

13. Re: Taxi service

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, October 04, 2012

San Diego...
14. Re: Taxi service

What is a approximate fare in US dollars from Nairobi airport to InterContinental Hotel in Nairobi? Can we pay with US dollars?

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 3
15. Re: Taxi service

Greetings

Yes you can pay in DOLLARS but your exchange rate will be to your disadvantage since the taxi driver will want to make extra cash when he converts the dollars to shillings. If you have to use dollars, make sure they are new, crisp and recent if possible.

To avoid the above hassle, just convert whatever amount you wish to from dollars to shillings at the 3 or 4 forex bureaus in the airport.

Have a great time in Kenya:)

Katwijk, The...
16. Re: Taxi service

Why would you pay in dollars? Pay in Shillings there is an ATM on the airport... Also go outside and take one of the taxis there... Offer them 25% of whatever they ask you...

Katwijk, The...
17. Re: Taxi service

To intercontinental it should be 2000 Ksh max (really max)....

18. Re: Taxi service

Removed on: 6:20 am, July 31, 2013

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 121
19. Re: Taxi service

Will it be easy to pick up a taxi at the botanic gardens in Nairobi? Heading there in early September.

Thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
20. Re: Taxi service

Yes, i can provide that taxi service to there and back to wherever you desire.

Mine email is erickngosia@yahoo.com

Regards,

Erick Ngosia

Reply to: Taxi service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted