We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Hello there Nairobi forum netizens!

I've been searching these forums and elsewhere online but haven't found much info regarding Aloe plants in Kenya.

I am looking for a place in or around Nairobi where I can buy around 10-20 baby (or adult) aloe vera plants. I need the aloe vera barbadensis miller type of aloes, which when mature can be used to make fabulous, healthy juices.

I'll shorlty be in Kenya for around a month, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Mike

Nairobi
1. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

If you are in position to travel around lake Bogoria , you will be able to find this type of Aloe Vera but not Nairobi area . You can also get advice on the Aloe Clinic where they sell juices . It is located at South B , on Guest Care Supermarket.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Thank you very much for this info, lifesavernumberone.

I will see if I am able to make it to lake Bogoria area.

If anyone else does know of a place with aloe plants in the Nairobi area I would be most grateful.

Thanks again!

Mike

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 213
3. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Can you actually import non native species into USA these days?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 29
4. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

>>>Can you actually import non native species into USA these days?<<<

I was wondering the same thing . . . I doubt it.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 74
5. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

jambo mike

i'm sure you will be able to get your baby aloe's in nbi - there are numerous nurseries all over the show here in the sub-urbs and residential areas.

they are popularly grown here ...just need to confirm about the species you want...

let me hunt around for you as i frequent nurseries often and r will revert - when are you visiting?

nyc
6. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Bringing plants from another country into the US! Don't think so.

That little beagle will sniff out these items and the Customs folks will be on you in a New York minute.

Better check this out before even pursuing further.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 213
7. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Oh Mama S, I am quite sure Mike intends to declare them to the authorities on entry.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 29
8. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

And my hubby declared his illegal Cuban cigars too. They confiscated them and said "tsk tsk tsk" at the border.

nyc
9. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Customs agents once confiscated a friend's Sunkist Orange.

Sunkist that is "home grown", but guess since she had taken it from California, to NY and then onto Africa and back to US... never getting to eat, they must have thought (they think? duh!) some bug got into the hard skin and would destroy the USof A. She gave it up!

Another friend, returning from the US Virgin Islands, with canned pate/fois gras... when agent said she couldn't bring it in, at which point she sat down right on the floor and proceeded to eat the stuff. Holding up the queue, the supervisor arrived wondering why the hold-up, only to advise agent, item was okay and she was free to enter with the "contraband." It was canned and processed... OK.

Declare or not, who ever knows what the agents will/not take away, so just avoid anything some fool might find questionable on any given day.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
10. Re: Aloe Vera plants Nairobi

Do a Google Search using Keywords - Organic Farming Kenya...

Have a look @ ifoam.org/about_ifoam/…Kenya.html

U might get some useful leads from the website above...

Pretty sure that u will find some Aloe Plants close to NBI area instead of travelling all the way to Bogoria.

Stef.